Hello my hilarious brides,
This blog is for the bride with a sense of humour and an ability to laugh at herself and others. Tips on how to make your wedding a blast! If you and your hubby to be are looking for ways to put some giggles into your wedding day, here are some harmlessly fun ways to perk up your party
- Choreograph a funny dance with your Dad. Most people expect a heartfelt dance for the father daughter dance, which is beautiful, but if you get your funny bone from your Dad, it may be more suitable for you two to get together and work on something a little quirkier.
- Have an open mic party. When you open the floor, not just to your designated speakers, but all of your guests, chances are things are going to embarrassing and hilarious – quick! If you’ve got a guest list your close to and feel comfortable with a lot of speaking at your wedding, this is a great way to add some laughs.
- Play the shoe game. If you’re unfamiliar with the shoe game here’s how it goes, the bride and groom sit back to back holding one of their own shoes and one of their spouse. The MC’s read out questions like “who wins the arguments” and the bride and groom answer with either shoe. Guests love it!
- If you’re looking to embarrass your friends, include them in your slide show. Turn to Facebook, Instagram, old Kodaks, anywhere you can find some embarrassing captures of your guests. Keep it as a surprise and put it on a slide show, it makes your guests more a part of the party and keeps everybody laughing.
- Instead of clinking glasses for a kiss, have your guests tell a joke. This means you will get a chance to eat your food instead of kissing your man all night, and everybody gets a chance to embarrass themselves. It’s a win-win.
- Create a drinking game. If you’ve got a rowdy guest list, make a drinking game that people can follow throughout the night. Examples could be, every time the groom cries during a speech, every time someone stumbles over their words. Use events that are based off of you and your family’s habits. Like, every time your Dad mentions his favourite sports team, or your little brother breaks into a crazy dance move. This keeps everybody laughing – and drinking!
- Get a photobooth. This one is a classic. Rent one along with some silly props and watch the giggles ensue! An added plus of this one is the awesome pictures you’ll have of your silly day.
Ultimately weddings are supposed to be fun; they are a celebration of you and your hubby and all the love that surrounds you two. If you have a fun, silly relationship, plan your wedding to fit that! And as always, we’re here to help.
The Mountain Bride Team